Friday, August 17, 2012

Outfit Obstruction

Before you go to college, you have to pack for college. And one of the hardest things to pack is clothes. I mean, it's hard enough figuring out what to fill you suitcase with for a week-long trip, packing for months seems like a completely daunting task. I set about today to accomplish just that today and it was as hard just as hard as I imagined.

My plan for packing enough tees, shoes, and cute outfits was ... scattered to say the least. I tried a few things, and eventually, I got all of my suitcases, boxes, and bags (yes, I did use all three) into the trunk of my dad's navy Honda Pilot. 

First I tried taking photos of my day-to-day outfits. Any time I would wear what I would consider "acceptable" I would snap a pic, either before I put the outfit on, or while I was in it. Doing that helped me figure out what things I actually needed to pack.




I also packed "groups" of clothes that I knew I would need. For example, I love to get my sweat on and I have a goal of hitting up the fitness center 5 days a week this whole school year, so I packed enough gym shirts, pants, and socks, to accomodate. I also packed a group of lounge clothes, that can be worn when I'm sick or just feeling lazy. The last group was my "hanger" group. These are my nicer clothes that wrinkle and need to be kept on a hanger or else they'll be out of operation. 

Finally, I through anything I wasn't sure about into a box. I know. I'm probably overpacking, but I'd rather do that than not have what I need to wear when I need to wear it. First impressions count, and your clothes are 95% of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment